Thursday, December 31, 2009

Nadine Jolie and My New Years Resolution








In one of my favorite classes at FIDM this quarter, I have had the pleasure to meet Nadine Jolie, 'grandmother of beauty blogging,' ex Lucky and Ladies Home Journal beauty editor, now turned author of two best selling books: Beauty Confidential: The No Preaching, No Lies, Advice-You'll-Actually-Use-Guide to Looking Your Best and Confessions of a Beauty Addict She was so personable, and offered such helpful advice from surviving our student days to blogging to insides of the industry. I felt motivated and synonym for inspired to really take my blog to the next step.


Nadine Jolie gave me the idea for my one and only New Year's resolution: I will blog about beauty news, useful tips, personal experiences, and all things beauty as often as I can. To be specific, 7 days a week, 5 minimum. I also have a new domain you can reach my blog on http://beautyforthought.com/.
I can't tell you how excited I am to take my blog to the next level at its new home. This move to my own domain has been highly anticipated - I kid you not it is last thing I think about before going to sleep and the first thing I think about when waking up these past couple weeks. I'm amped to get started and motivated to put forth my efforts into maintaining a great blog filled with fun and useful tips for all fellow beauty junkies.


I’m always on the look out for ways to improve my blog, so I encourage you to give me feedback. If there is anything you would like to see on my blog, I’m completely open to suggestions. Have a question about something? Ask me. If I don’t know, then I’ll find a way to get in touch with someone who does. You can also catch me on Twitter, follow me - http://twitter.com/Beauty4thought. After the new year I will be blogging much more frequently and if anybody wants to keep me in check be my guest.=)
Happy New Year everyone! Have fun and stay safe!



“May each day of the New Year bring happiness, good cheer and sweet surprises to you and all your dear ones. Happy New Year!”




1 comment:

  1. aww yay looking forward to more blogging from you!!! you have such nice handwriting girl!

    RYC-hahaha I know huh! I haven't seen too many ppl w/ ASUS either, the only regret, I should have waited for a few more months for the 10" screen to come out, mine is only 7" and when I use it I couldn't resist the urge to drag the window bigger because the screen just looked too small! LOL. Yay we are netbook twins :)

    Happy new year dear! <3

    ReplyDelete