Monday, July 27, 2009

Amor Amor by Cacharel - Too unconventional?






I call this my mojo. I like to think that it's my confidence in a bottle, and if I were a perfume this is what I would smell like. A perfect mixture vanilla, mandarin, jasmine, and blackcurrant. With just one spray I instantly feel pulled together. It's the last addition to my look, accompanying my outfit and makeup, it's the last, if not most important piece of the puzzle.
Unfortunately, this perfume for discontinued in 2007. I have been wearing this fragrance since 2005, and was crushed when I heard the news. Luckily, while visiting a Ross store the other week I rediscovered 3 bottles among many other popular perfumes that have either been overstocked by department stores, or simply ignored by consumers leading to its fall from the market.


My question is why didn't it sell? The reason could
be that it did not efficently grab and keep the
attention of their target market.Amor Amor was advertised in teen magazines such as Teen Vogue, Seventeen, and Cosmogirl especially around Valentine's day. The Cacharel brand is not as widely recognized compared to brands like Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana or Marc Jacobs, and the brand recognition for Cacharel was just not there. They had an argueably unclear brand image, that just couldn't peak a young women's interest. I am not surprised after looking at the ad they ran. Take a look at the to the right, what do you think when you look at the ad? There also may have been issues with iventory control, but nonetheless, Amor Amor is no more and is in the liquidation process.


A comparable perfume that I've tried is Jewel by Mark. It's a product offered from Mark brand by Avon, and you can order it from an Avon representative or online. It smells a bit more vanilla-y than Amor Amor, and doesn't have a long wearability but it comes with a body butter to layer with so it redeems itself.

Some perfumes say for generations, and others fall of the wagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment